The mission of NVAA is to promote and protect general aviation and aviation related endeavors in the North Valley of California
It is dedicated to the following aims and objectives:
Promote Flying Safety by:
Advancing the cause of safety in all general aviation activities
Promoting member attendance at AOPA and FAA flight safety seminars.
Disseminating seasonal reminders such as waterfowl migration hazards, taxiway/runway closures, bird and wasp nesting.
Promote the Enjoyment of General Aviation by:
Organizing Fly-Outs, BBQ's, training seminars and banquets for the membership
Promote and Educate the Public to the Advantages of General Aviation by:
Organizing events that expose the non-flying public to the "Magic of Flight"
Organizing an annual Summer Flight Academy for local high school students
Protect General Aviation by:
Serving as a watchdog over airport decision makers and incompatible development.
Attending local airport and planning commission meetings to alert membership to issues being discussed
Creating an awareness and sensitivity on the part of government and industry to the needs of General Aviation
North Valley Aviation Association 2010 Officers
|Past President||Gene Kemper||N2190H@aol.com|
|Flying Safety Officer||Gene Kemper||N2190h@aol.com|
|Event Director||Jody Murphyfirstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|Marketing Director||Amy Haslefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Flight Academy Director||Floyd Sandersonemail@example.com|
|Government Affairs||Al Thomas|
|Membership Chair||Gene Kemper||N2190h@aol.com|
|Newsletter Chair||Amy Orrfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Flying Safety Officer
Promote flying safety by the following activities:
1. Advance the cause of safety in all general aviation activities
2. Promote member attendance at AOPA and FAA flight safety seminars
3. Disseminate seasonal reminders such as waterfowl migration, unexpected activities such as taxiway/runway closures at nearby airports, bird and wasp nesting, temporary restricted airspace caused by US Presidential activities or other related activities.
Event Operations OfficerPromote the enjoyment of membership in the NVPA and in general aviation by the following activities:
1. Organize Fly-outs, BBQs, training seminars, and banquets for the membership
2. Provide interesting speakers on aviation related subjects for NVPA events.
Marketing OfficerPromote the NVPA by the following activities:
1. Solicit local organizations for funds and acquiring tax deductible donations for the organization's activities such as the Summer Flight Academy.
2. Organize events to expose the public to the NVPA and general aviation.
3. Sell NVPA products, such as T shirts, hats, jackets, and aviation related products at public events, such as airshows, for the purpose of raising money for the organization.
Academy DirectorPromote and direct the activities necessary to run an annual Summer Flight Academy.
Protect General Aviation by the following activities:
1. Serve as a watchdog over airport decision makers and incompatible development.
2. Attend local airport and planning commission meetings to alert membership to issues being discussed
3. Create an awareness and sensitivity on the part of government and industry to the needs of general aviation.